Friday, May 11, 2007

National Scrapbook Crop


























































































































































Last weekend was fast and furious for Linda and I. We not only had the 3 day national scrapbook crop but Linda's son, Kyle, also graduated from William Jewel. After much hemming and hawing (are those words?)_ we decided that we both could be at the crop Friday night , but Saturday I should stay at the crop while Linda went to the graduation with the rest of the family.
Friday night Linda, Ali , Tiff and I had a blast hosting the Crop. Everyone had bling rings and feathers in their hair. Linda and Ali rolled out a big cart with mini totes filled with goodies and passed them out to everyone. We had great prizes every hour -- several of which were big bowls filled with Pebbles product. Linda handed Jenny the first bowl and then Jenny demonstrated how all the product worked. What fun! I always intend to get sooo much designing done while I am at the crop but that never happens. I don't know where the time goes, but it flys by! At the end of the night Linda, Tiff and I treated all the women to a Mini Spa--Now that was a sight to see let me tell ya. You know these are suppose to be calm and quite with Zen music drifting in the background BUT THEN YOU have Linda and I with our very demure voices directing the whole experience! Needless to say it was not quite. Linda and I cracked up just telling them how this was all going to work. First everyone "came to the hand spa area" (the sink) and washed exfoliated their hands-then moisturizing lotion. After they left the hand spa they strolled over to the foot spa area. Everyone took off their shoes and applied lotion, then wrapped their feet in plastic and were given warmed socks. Tiffany demonstrated applying Lip a Peel and then treated everyone to their own Lip experience! Cold eye presses and everyone laid back and we treated all to individual hand massages and hot packs on their necks. The pictures are blackmail I know, but what fun we had and what a personal experience we had with everyone. Everyone left relaxed and with alot of laughs in their pockets!
Sat. Ali and I held down the fort while Linda went to Kyle's graduation. His ceremonies lasted from morning til night, Linda was running from one corner of the campus to the other. The part Kyle and Linda were really looking forward to was "Walking the Grounds",it's a big tradition at William Jewel. She said everything was beautiful, but the most impressive was the Church Service. She said I really missed out on that one. Minutes into the program she wished I was there. It never fails does it? The one thing you miss -- turns out to be the greatest thing ever happened! Well, Angie (her daughter) ran all over the campus capturing the day and soon I will post those pictures. Kyle left for Europe for his "last fling" before corporate USA.
Meanwhile back at the store-- Ali and I played "Lets Make A Deal" where croppers got to choose a door with a prize, then some times we gave them the option to give that back and choose the ? Door. We gave away $100 certificates, leather albums, paper kits, Pebbles Product Baskets, Purses--well it was a hoot. Ali and I laughed til we cried! Everyone also received a $15 page kit and a $30 Summer Fun Album Kit. I started cooking Roast, potatoes and carrots for supper about 1pm, the aroma filled the air and everyone that came in the door wanted to stay for supper. I wanted the carrots and potatoes to get really brown and yummy like all our Mothers use to do and all was going so well. Then Tiff came and said Mom the potatoes I "falling apart" so I turned it off and told everyone "come and get it". After a few minutes, someone asked if the potatoes were suppose to be "crunchy"!!!! I looked a Tiff (with that Motherly I am going to kill you look) and she said "MoM really poked one and it fell apart". My dreams of that perfect Roast were crushed. Needless to say , into the microwave they went.
Sunday, Tonya won the Making Memories $300 set. Oh, she was so excited. Everyone had a wonderful time!

No comments: