Tuesday, May 1, 2007

look out Action News!











This morning Ali, Linda and I had a scrappbooking segment on Action News. Last night Ali about had a cow worry'n about the whole thing! I kept telling her time would fly by and we wouldn't even get to say 1/8 the things we wanted to. (Linda says I have a skewed view because I work at a TV station in St. Joseph, so going on live really doesn't bother me.) Besides, everyone that knows me, knows I could talk for hours on end and still have something else I want to say. Anyway, back to the trip to Action News; We took 6 albums , Kara's very cool new flowers and a card for Bret to make on TV. It was really very fun and our table looked very nice thanks to all our very talented design team members. Linda and Ali were taking pictures everywhere, the poor camera men didn't know what we were albout, but they were very kind. Bret was alot of fun and easy to talk to. We found out his wife loves scrapp'n so we hope to get her to our store. Linda sat down to wait and watch ; she tried to strike up a conversation with a very prim "Quilter"sitting next to her, but the lady wasn't having any part in striking up a conversation with a "Scrapper". (Really, Linda usually is very in control but that lady was in danger of getting punched in the nose!) Now that would have been Action News! Before we knew it they were giving us the signal for live TV and poof there skinny and beautiful (LOL) Ali and I were for all of KC to see! Ali was praing she could speak and I was praying I didn't forget the name of the products and look really stupid. As I predicted the time flew by and I can't even really think of what we really talked about. I hope we didn't sound to stupid---and I really hope all those chins of mine didn't show up as badly as they did in our photos! In a blink of an eye the cameras moved off us and the Chef was rolled on behind us. Ali now has the bug and wants to "do it again". Hopefully they will ask us back again.
Linda and I went back to the store and worked like mad women on the new page kits we are desperatly trying to get out. We still have a ton of things we want to get done for this week end CROP----everyone that doesn't show up will really be miss'n out I can tell you that for sure. Well it is very late, probably all the spelling is terrible but I am to tired to even do spell check. Talk ta ya all later-- have a great day and take time to enjoy the day .

1 comment:

Kara Ward said...

Whoo-hoo you are back in the blog world... I was missing your witty post. Love the pictures...hate that I missed the show. What was I thinking? I need to write things down. The photos are so cute...I can't wait to watch the video. You girls look like pro's. Just a couple of rock stars! Kara