Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day at the Farm




I had a wonderful Mothers Day today! Blue ( my blue healer) and I got up before daybreak,it was semi dark and very peaceful around the neighborhood. I made a great cup of coffee and we sat out on the back porch and watched the squirrels and birds. (Ok, I really have turned into my Grandmother,but what the heck! I really enjoy watching the birds fly through the yard, each one with their own flight plan.) I love listening to the sound of my water cascading into the pond and the little wrens twiddling to each other across the yard. I had over 20 yellow finches and a couple of bluebirds show up the other day! I am hoping the Blue Birds are a good sign. I have a 1200 pound water fountain that the neighbors swear I stole from the Plaza that the birds love to splash and shower in it and it attracts all kinds of birds. Sitting on that porch is so peaceful and beautiful. My oldest daughter, Sabrena, called me from an airport where she is heading to Alaska to wish me a happy Mothers Day and tell me she loved me. (Friday she had sent me the most beautiful blue hydrangea I had ever seen. ) then Tiff called and she and Lexi took me to Famous Daves to "pig out". Tiff surprised me with a handmade gift that she was so proud of. Lexi couldn't hardly wait for me to open it, she was dying to tell. I opened the sack and pulled out the "Somebody's Hero Purse" from Sheila's class. It wasn't even completed, but it meant the world to be. Tiff doesn't" make things " and she has never made anything with Scrapbooks. She has been secretly working on the book by herself . She was so proud of her accomplishment of making the whole purse and the first 3 pages. (I think she is hooked now!) She wrote a very heart wrenching sentiment on the outside tag and asked me if I would help her shrink pictures of me and her for the inside and she is going to journal in it. Tiff writes poetry beautifully. That was a very touching moment for my heart. After leaving Famous Daves'
Lexie and I picked up Keyshawn and headed for the Farm. We have 5 horses and I have been too busy with the store to get out and ride them yet this year. I promised Lexie i would take her this weekend, but as usual I really was too tired and too hot to want to go. Needless to say, we went! This is the first time this year to bring them in from the pasture, so we had to walk about a quarter of a mile just to catch them and walk them in. Then we had to get the saddles and blanket etc out. I am out of shape and breath! After an hour of prep work off we went. It really was alot of fun once we hit the trail. Upon arriving back at the stables, both the kids insisted we give the horses a bath which turned into a water fight. The pigs were squealing and we were all of laughing. keyshawn couldn't resist jumping over the gate to chase the baby goats. We did have a lot of fun , but I was worn out (as you can see from my beautiful picture). Life on the Farm ain't it glamorous!

1 comment:

Kara Ward said...

Oh, Hayden loved looking at those horses. She would give anything...including her little brother...for a Horse. Happy Mom Day! Kara